Monday, November 1, 2010

Whip it, into shape

It's time for me to get serious again about fitness. We have 61 days left in the year. In the past 2 months' flurry of activity, I have not made my fitness a priority, and it shows. I've gained back the 6ish pounds I lost after summer vacation in June. I'm sore from lifting weights Saturday. I got winded on my walk/run Sunday.

I dislike that it takes me feeling sluggish to become "scared straight" again, but I am only human. I'm also not pleased that after a good July and August, September and October were my downfall. Sure, I know those are my busy months. But I could have planned better to combat that. I leaned on the activity in my life like a crutch, and I'm feeling the effects.

And sure, I have the thyroid issues now that I wasn't aware I had before. But all the more reason to get things back into check, right?

So I've already started this morning tracking what I eat and drink. No matter how bad it looks, I'm writing it all down. It helps make me really think about what I stuff my face with, and if it's worth the exercise I'll need later to work it off.

I am at 69 days off exercise this year. That's a little shy of my 65 goal and pretty darn close to the 70 I took off last year. If I workout every day remaining, that's 63 straight (counting this past weekend). That's really not that bad. If my goal is to lose weight, I can't really afford to miss a day right now.

I am going to the gym after work. I'll do the same tomorrow. I'll work towards switching that to the mornings after my schedule eases in 12 days.

I will hydrate. I will hydrate. I will hydrate. In fact, I'm going to fill my mug as soon as I post this.

I will start 2011 better than I started 2010. So who's with me? What will you do in the next two months to make your health a priority? Let me know and let's support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment