Hello friends, my name is Lisa and I'm a shape shifter. No, not one of those creatures that turns into an animal like on True Blood. But I've made it past 40 days straight of exercise, and I'm noticing a difference in my shape.
It first started when I noticed my quads were starting to re-form from the bottom up. I looked down one day, and my saddlebags at the top of my thighs were definitely sticking out in a new way, a good way ... they were a bit smaller as the outline of my thigh is getting straighter! Couple this with my backside firming up as well (and causing more shaping from the top of the thigh), and I'm hopeful this is the year that my thighs will stop sticking out farther than my hips.
I tried on my dress for Charity Ball a few days ago. It's a beautiful red dress that's mostly backless. I have a nice big line of definition down my back! But what you can't see in this dress is that my abs are starting to whittle also. This, with the thigh/hip slimming, might be why my pants are starting to get loose. In fact, I wore a long slim skirt last week I hadn't worn in a good 6 months...I had some slimming garments to assist, but I still used to feel like a sausage in the ensemble, and I didn't on Thursday.
And the bump in my bicep is slowly creeping back in as well. I notice this most when I strap on my arm band for a run.
I have to stay, this is very encouraging to me. It's been a long 44 days. There's been days where I didn't want to do any activity AT ALL. But I did it. And I've lost 4.2 pounds in 2 months. It's not a fast loss, but the changing shape of my body tells me it's a healthy loss, and I'm gaining some cool muscles in the process.
I can't wait to see what shape I'll be in by our anniversary this summer. It would rock if I looked BETTER than I did 10 years ago :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hard work pays off in unexpected ways sometimes. :) I think the shape thing is bigger than the actual #'s on the scale in terms of charting progress.
ReplyDeleteI agree! I'm just glad I'm having progress. If not, I would be very discouraged right now.
ReplyDelete