Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wii bronze

We Burnses have had the Wii almost 3 months now. Apparently, on the Fit Plus, when you hit 10 hours of activity, the little clock turns bronze and gets all jumpy and excited. It was impressive and made me proud ... what I failed to mention in my last blog is I'm improving, but still battling, my plantar fasciitis. I've decided to take one more month off running to continue healing.

The good news is I only hurt badly a few days a week versus every day. The bad news is most people heal in 4-6 weeks. But they probably rest completely, while I have stayed mildly active for my weight loss, to keep my sanity and relieve stress. Most people don't have to dress in suits so much for work either, even if I do have one really well cushioned pair of shoes I can wear with most of them.

So I guess I could have been healed already. But I probably wouldn't be as happy. So I will learn a little patience, and set my sights on a 5k in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment