Sunday, April 3, 2011

One quarter down...

It's hard to believe a fourth of the year is gone already. I thought it might be a good time to check in and see how I'm progressing on my 2011 plan:
  1. Running: I've run 1 of 8 races promised this year. I'm signed up for another on 4/23. I had to back out of the Rodeo Run due to an injury flare up. Thanks to my allergy issues as of late, I've had plenty of time to rest and heal. I'd like to get in at least one more before the heat of summer, if possible.
  2. Staying active: My workout streak peaked at 62 days, ending in mid-February due to mentioned injury flare. Not bad to work out 2 months straight! I have logged 3063 minutes the first 90 days, an average of 34 minutes a day, and that counts my 13 days off. That's a good pace...if I take off 13 days a quarter, that's 52 a year...allowing plenty of room for wiggle in the 300 on/65 off plan. Just like last year, January was my strongest month. The challenge will continue to see if I can pick it back up.
  3. Eating/tracking: I will admit I've been hit or miss with tracking on Weight Watchers. I do at least log my activity there. I have still lost and kept off a good 5 pounds since Thanksgiving. If I can become more active again over the summer when my schedule eases, I may get to that under 150 goal after all this year (only 2.4 away).
  4. Professionally: I took my CFRE course, applied for the exam an am now just waiting for them to approve my application so I can test in June. I plan to do a lot of studying later this month (flash card time!).
  5. Personally: I'm almost done with book 6 for the year, so almost 3 ahead of schedule on my 1/month plan. 2 were fiction, 2 were leadership related and 2 were how-to styles. A decent blend, I'd say. I have some running books on the horizon that should be fun as I pick up my training, as well as some more fiction planned for summer vacation.
A good start to the year, I'd say. Further along on some goals than others, but hope to still make progress in all areas this year, even if I don't hit the goals perfectly.

It is about balance among the chaos after all, right? (Must remember this when I feel overwhelmed...I can do a lot but can't do it all perfectly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment