Sunday, June 26, 2011

Take it easy...

This weekend was my first weekend without plans nearly all month. Since returning from vacation, my days have been more action packed than I thought ... but then, June always is a little busier than one thinks and the real "lazy days" come to light in July, at least in my world.

Sitting at the end of the weekend, I am singing the praises of 48 unplanned hours. It was GLORIOUS. We slept in, worked out...I even read a book for fun. It was a much deserved and needed rest after a month of accomplishments, which culminated in my CFRE exam on Friday. I thought about going into to work to get organized for the week, but a quick peek at my calendar showed I'd have plenty of hours in the week to log paperwork...so I resisted.

Turns out, taking vacations, and even short breaks from our daily routine, is healthy too. Research proves this could be just as important as exercise and a healthy diet.

So since I did promise more Me/We time this summer, you can bet I'm pretty excited that of the 5 weekends in July, we only have one commitment, our nephew's 5th birthday party. We have no other plans, and I'm going to work really hard to keep it that way. I have a busy fall ahead, and if I don't cool it on Saturdays and Sundays now, I'll konk out in the middle. And that would totally ruin my half marathon training (which starts July 23).

So, when's the last time you took it easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment